View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 06:25 PM   #104
Fifi

Fifi is on a distinguished road
Thank you for the advice. I'm not a coder. Though, there is an argument for learning. Currently, I am very happily working on a non-commercial mud, obviously not in a coding capacity. We are using the public version of SoI's code, (I'm constantly amazed by the generosity of many brilliant people.) T

his is obviously not a ever going to be commercial, and I am fine with that. I suppose more than wanting to make a living from mudding (of course getting paid to do what you like is attractive, but in this case nothing I would want to have to bank on. ) I suppose my true interest in a commercial project (in a team setting, I'd imagine) is that I think a commerical rpi would be good for the rpi community over all. I don't know if I should say this in a mudding format, but what I think would really have public appeal and work as a beacon to all the people out there who love fantasy novels and don't like leveling is an rpi mmorpg. I think people initially find graphics more accessable. I think it would raise awareness of rpis, and some of these people would eventually look at text games -people who might not try muds without having tried a graphical game first.
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote