View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
AmandaGreathouse

Name: Amanda
Home MUD: http://www.soul-riven.synthasite.com/index.php
AmandaGreathouse is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AmandaGreathouse Send a message via Yahoo to AmandaGreathouse
Exclamation Need A Coder or Tutor

For a while now, I have had a lot of interest in building my own mud. I spent days trying to figure out how to get Ant to compile the PAiN codebase (since I wanted a java codebase). Needless to say, due to my lack of know-how, it didn't exactly pan out. The closest thing I've found to an ideal codebase would have to be coffeemud, but, upon really looking through it, I realized exactly how lost I was. I tried to diable levels and experience gain, but that doesn't do anything to help with all of the metacrafted and created items to populate the world having a precoded level. I tried to disable classes, instead allowing it be be skill-based, once again, it's very much not working.

I am hoping to create a role-playing enforced mud, enforcing permadeath (with the exception of a rare but learnable spell). Ideally, the players would have customizable short descriptions, and the emotes would allow for a system similar in syntax and versatility to that of Armageddon ( [clicking on the "emotes" example]). Not to mention allowing for better descriptions for crafted and metacrafted items. Ideally, it would be classless, levelless, and skill-based (with everyone having access to all the skills), but the entire magic system would be retooled from the current magick system.

Ugh. I don't even know where to begin. I run on windows, and haven't yet managed to find a way to get cygwin to fully download. (windows XP to be precise). I don't have access to any books or any resources with which to acquire books. I am looking to create a unique, mostly very realistic mud, that is extremely dynamic and allows for great world changes on the part of the player, with intelligently scripted NPCs. I have a website up with a vague outline of parts of the muds setting. (link: ) The site is far from finished, but it has the beginnings of the information up.

Most of the world setting and the ideals for the skills/stats/magick system are already set, but I simply lack the coding knowledge to put it all into play. If anyone has any interest in helping out with this, or if anyone simply wishes to help, please, please IM me.
AmandaGreathouse is offline   Reply With Quote