View Single Post
Old 04-24-2002, 09:17 PM   #11
Pleos

Pleos is on a distinguished road
After reading Maggie's post I remembered something...

Sometimes when I see an area in the MUD or a government or something that's lacking I will try and concoct even a small storyline to get that "thing" involved. I think up something that I think would be fun, interesting and worthwhile and then I go looking for people that might want to be involved.

For example, the MUD I'm an Imm on has a large Bazaar area in the Eastern Lands. Lots of shops, shopkeepers, etc. The government has been a bit lax in policing the area so I talked to a couple rogues about shaking down the shopkeepers to see if any were interested, if it fit their concepts, etc. I asked them to prepare some documentation on why it fit their concept and we discussed it.

Then I got a couple on the job, helped out in the RP, controlling shopkeepers, etc. and let it roll from there. It's moving (a bit slow for my tastes) but moving nonetheless.

So in this case, I dreamed up an idea that I thought people would enjoy, but it wasn't a major/global event. I then went looking for rogues that I thought would be suited for the job, good RPers that could use something interesting to do. Not to say that people can't come up with their own ideas, but since I have a larger perspective on the MUD and activity on a whole (as an Imm) I can see where things may need a little boost once in awhile.

And with this particular storyline, it stemmed from someone requesting a quest for something else - and it should tie in nicely.

Anyway, I am going to try this out a bit more in the future - come up with ideas and basically recruit players that I think would be suited to the task(s).

Pleos.
Pleos is offline   Reply With Quote