View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 06:06 AM   #3
rendekar

rendekar is on a distinguished road
Re: While you were sleeping..

GemStone4 is an rp-enforced mud full of rp plots and events. Usually hundreds of players online... Playerbase stays mostly in-character and GMs manage rp events every now and then. OOC chat requires a third party installment and is not mandatory. It's free-to-play but after level 40 or so you should consider going pay-to-play to prevent disadvantages. %90 of the playerbase is p2p and on equal footing in that regard. Yes, there is a microtransaction shop. However, it doesn't effect gameplay so I wouldn't call it p2w. Plus, the Game is PvE-oriented. OOC chat is toxic at times but Simutronics and GMs don't play favourites which I call professionalism. If you're having trouble finding a place in muds among old timers, GS4 is the game for you.

Another mud to mention is Genesis. It's an lp mud which enforces roleplay. It's huge and completely free. Website browser allows you to roll a character within a few minutes. You don't have to download anything. Though I haven't played this one that much, my experience in Genesis was fun. Usually around 40-70 players online all the time.
rendekar is offline   Reply With Quote