View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #11
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Re: Guidelines for an RPI mud.

For the sake of discussion, please understand that if I did not list something, I agree with it.

Description Regulation present - Players are required to provide a detailed background and description for themselves. All character descriptions and backgrounds are reviewed and approved by the staff.

Single Character Requirement - All players may play only one character at any given time. Your character must die or be retired before you can create an new one.

I agree. This one gave me fits on how to phrase it. I didn't want to say "Slow" because that has a somewhat negative connotation to it. What about the following?

Controlled Paced world - The game is designed to promote a pace that allows players ample time to create detailed emotes/poses. All systems, including crafting and combat, should be designed to create this pace.

I think this should totally be nixed. It's completely subjective and a matter of opinion on what one person feels like supports their RP. You also don't need a list that's bogged down by opinions rather than serious, non-subjective requirements.

Numberless experience system - Experience gained by RPI characters should be denoted solely via written descriptions.

Leave off the "code supporting the RP" stuff or any opinions when you create this list. That's a total matter of opinion on whether or not it supports or detracts from RP. Well, that is unless you want RPIs to keep sounding like a list of personal preferences and judgment calls.