View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 09:36 AM   #11
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
KaVir, people don't OFTEN PK for no reason. I was very clear, and it looks like you intentionally misread it. The most COMMON mistake is when people have damned good, valid, and well-prepared reasons to PK others, and the victim simply doesn't get a chance to see it. It is totally roleplayed out. A sneaky backstabbing assassin isn't going to come out of hiding and emote standing there waiting for his victim's response. He's gonna do all the preparation in advance, including waiting for passing soldiers to go away, and then backstab his victim and RUN before he gets caught.

Often assassinations are done through hiring the assassin, and that assassin is hired because he is known to be someone who does not get caught. This takes careful planning, and requires that the victim never finds out who or what is going on until the moment of his death. And even then - there's always the chance that he could send a quick psionic message to his buddy warning him of the assassin.

So no - PKs are certainly NOT done often for no reason. In fact this is extremely rare, it is against the rules, and players who indulge in this behavior are punished, up to, and including, sitebans.

I told the guy - that the staff has said countless times not to use PM to discuss game problems with them. So this guy went and did it anyway "a few days" after receiving no response, according to his post. Not 5 weeks. He has now earned himself the title "pest" because he didn't follow the procedure and decided that he wasn't subject to the rules like everyone else. If he had waited a week - which the staff ALSO has asked people to do countless times - and e-mailed them again to remind them that he's waiting for his account notes, he probably would've gotten them with a polite note apologizing for the delay.

The mechanics of the code are flawed. I agreed with him on that, which you would see I was also clear on if you had thoroughly read that paragraph. I ALSO stated that it wasn't a bug, it was a design issue (though I worded it as "flaw" - semantics, whatever) as a matter of correcting him because he was - well - incorrect. I ALSO explained why it wasn't as simple a matter as fixing a line of code. But I did agree with him that this is an issue, and disagreed with him in that the staff DOES care about it and IS trying to figure out what to do about it.

and so on.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote