View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 10:37 AM   #4
Kleothera

Kleothera is on a distinguished road
Re: Why so few Mud Making Programs/Websites?

Hmm. Another question would be why do you want to start a NEW mud? If you have sound ideas that you want implemented and have the time to get them through, but lack the technical skills for it, why not team up with an existing MUD with a long standing history. If your ideas are good and you strike off with the staff of that game, you would find coders who would implement them. I mean, logically, wouldnt getting stuff done be faster if you have a team already?

That is the decision I have made for myself. I am ok with the people skills and am ok with ideas, but I have neither the time or inclination to learn a new language for this. I know thats not your original question, however, if your objective is to get good ideas implemented in a mud, I would strongly advise chosing one with existing living players and coders and builders etc. We have way too many MUDs already; there is another thread running about how the opening of new MUDs is dividing the MUD playerbase thin on the ground. Why add another game that would have to struggle to find its place under the sun?
Kleothera is offline   Reply With Quote