View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #12
melopene

melopene is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to melopene
Re: Let's try this again...RP MUD

I tend to agree. I expect to have my game ready for an actual open (not just the soft testing open we're on atm) within 2 or 3 months, and while every aspect of the game would likely fit OP's criteria, the post itself sounds as if he's been burned, is bitter, and unwilling to try new things. Now, I myself am quite bitter, but I give things a chance when I'm looking for some social time. Sometimes, I find new aspects of games that I like, but had not considered before. And, of course, when I couldn't find a game that suited me, I embarked on the insane undertaking of developing something myself.

I've seen a lot of exceedingly demanding LFM posts on the various boards lately, and have been very tempted to make my own satirical version to post. After all, why shouldn't someone else spend years developing and designing a game to suit ME, then pay me to play it, or pay me for the perks that I want? Why can't I just make my own set of awesome characters, and demand that all other characters within a game meet my own approval before being allowed to play?

*headdesk*
*facepalm*
*headdesk*

/for what it's worth, I will -never- introduce a race that's a cross between an octopus and a boston terrier...
melopene is offline   Reply With Quote