Thread: MUD: at school
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2003, 08:23 PM   #9
Yui Unifex

Yui Unifex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Yui Unifex Send a message via AIM to Yui Unifex
Question

When did I say that my disagreement was enough to make the argument silly? My disagreement is not what makes something silly; the qualifying text following my statement should've been enough to show that it wasn't 'ipso facto'.

And where did I say that this was an 'entitlement'? Do you get permission to use the restroom, or grab a cup of coffee from the break room? Do you get permission to step outside for a smoke? Do you get permission to call your spouse at home? Why would you get permission to pop on a mud or respond to an IM? Do you honestly believe every employer is a micromanager?

Stealing, now? You said yourself that "the benefits of taking an occasional break are well-documented", so why do you presume to judge that this mudding experience is not a small break that will in turn provide benefits to the school or business of which the OP is a part? If there were benefits, your 'advice' here could very well decrease productivity. And the only way that you could truthfully say that it would decrease productivity is if you had far more information on the OP than you had when you made that post.

No, employees are not slaves because they are not owned in servitude. Many of the slaves of times past were paid for their labor.
Yui Unifex is offline   Reply With Quote