View Single Post
Old 09-30-2003, 03:29 PM   #40
vedic

vedic is on a distinguished road
Kavir: I never said that the owner could control 100% what the players see. In fact, I said several times that colors and such could be changed by the clients, and that was to be expected. I don't think that because you can't control 100% of what the client sees that you shouldn't try - if you don't want to try, why have color at all? Additionally, while you can't guarantee that the client will see everything, you can come pretty close for the majority of your users. And again, if clients can change the colors easily, why bother having redundant code in your game for players to do it there, too? I'm not saying that I agree with this, just that you don't seem to be considering ANY of this when making your statements - there are other points of view besides yours. Your argument doesn't make any sense in context.

I have been trying to present an alternate point of view (to the absolute one presented earlier), but this is going nowhere. You do it your way and I'll do it mine, and we'll just agree to disagree.
vedic is offline   Reply With Quote