Thread: Idle exp
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #14
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Idle exp

Since New Worlds Ateraan was mentioned in here somewhere I'll comment briefly on how it operates and is handled on the game and whether it works or not.

First, the system is not based on hours on game as mentioned. You actually must be active or the logorithym changes significantly depending on where you are and what you are doing.

Second and more importantly, if all players did was idle and got bonuses that would be a horrible system as mentioned, because no one would be actually roleplaying or playing. So for the sake of an answer, it really depends on how your system operates and how the players operate within it.

This is never the case in NWA as on a normal check (and we check) on average 80% or more of the players are active all the time. This is also very apparent on an unscheduled reboot (like our 24 hours of down time) where over 100 players logged back on within an hour of the game coming back up after over a day of outtage. That's some serious active roleplayers. Also the game crashed related to that down time the following day in the middle of the day and there were over 60 players back in the first couple minutes.

The point is, while some people take dinner breaks and idle at work sometimes, not many players are inactive in NWA as shown mostly by the interaction that occurs constantly on the streets, in temples, in caravans, or wherever you go in the game.

If you want interaction and roleplay, this is the place to come where you can always form adventure groups and have events and not be standing around for hours wondering where in the world everyone is.

New Worlds Ateraan
We'll Be waiting for you! (TM)

Hmm, something tells me I just turned that response into an advertisement.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote