View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 03:28 PM   #36
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: Breeding grounds for RP?

I always had a keen imagintation, but my 'role playing' experiences started at a very early age with 'Warlock of Firetop mountain' the fighting fantasy books, then Lone Wolf. My fighting fantasy collection was quite impressive. I sold one of the rarest books (one of the Fabled Lands series) for £170 in the year 2000. Soon after it was Sphinx Adventure on the BBC Micro. I wrote my first text adventure game at the wee age of 12 on that very same bbc micro.

I digress, then it was 'Keep on the Borderlands' for basic Dungeons and Dragons, and that was pretty much my hobby sorted.

I wrote a complete uber-highlevel D&D campaign with maps and everything for my English GCSe and got top marks. My English teacher said he didnt understand any of it, but the writing was superb. 37/40 scored, and a great evening sorted when we finally played it!

Then it was Champions of Krynn on the Amiga, and so on and so forth, ultimate leading to me playing Threshold on my Apple Max 280c (the original netbook)

ON the subject of Lonewolf, I recommend anyone who has never emersed themselves in that world to look at where all the books have been converted to online (with a nice online character sheet)
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote