View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 03:00 AM   #14
Templar

Home MUD: Maiden Desmodus
Templar is on a distinguished road
Re: Newish to MUDs and this forum

I've played most if not all of roleplay MUDs on topmudsites, although often it did not go beyond making a character and piddling around on the newbie zone. Some of them I played for years- Threshold, Armageddon, and Lusternia . I recommend you check them out, all of them have been around for a while. Armageddon, has excellent roleplaying and depth and I suggest it if you want to focus on character development first and foremost. Threshold maintains the perfect ratio of adventure and casual roleplay that I like. Lusternia has no enforced roleplay but is a fun MUD nonetheless.

Only two newer MUDS have caught my interest beyond the newbie zone in the past couple years, Maiden Desmodus and Isles of Aedin. Maiden Desmodus has good setting and is very polished for its age. I recommend it to novice mudders who like an interesting world for roleplay. The admins were friendly and helpful. They just need to grow their playerbase. I wish them best of luck, as the game is clearly a labor of love.

Isles of Aeden is a diamond in the rough. It needs a lot of polish but I find myself liking it so far despite some frustrations, figuring they will be ironed out in the future. The playerbase is refreshingly friendly and helpful. So far, I have found a sweet spot of adventuring and light roleplay. I recommend Isles of Aedin to more experienced Mudders who are familiar with playing games that are still in development.
Templar is offline   Reply With Quote