View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #25
cruelcore

cruelcore is on a distinguished road
Re: Enforced sexism?

You don't have to design the mud around making sexism feasible. Just making it thematic and hoping players stay in theme is all I had been suggesting. I wasn't trying to persuade any one into trying to make one more than I wondered if such a game currently existed.

My thoughts on that mud example you gave are this: as long as it remains in a game, a fantasy, IC when the players themselves obviously know what their characters are doing is wrong, then I don't particularly care. Most roleplaying is wish fulfillment. I pretend to chop mother****ers up on several muds because it makes me feel powerful. I've seen people play serial killers. I have RL to be dull and unintresting in.

The way Firanmux justifies it is that it highlights why these sorts of things aren't acceptable IRL. Especially since the game has thematic rape. Fluffy bunnies and rainbow themed muds don't particularly intrest me. If the mud owner was obviously portraying the racists as being in the right in an OOC sort of way, then I'd be concerned.

Last edited by cruelcore : 04-23-2013 at 03:09 PM.
cruelcore is offline   Reply With Quote