View Single Post
Old 07-09-2004, 05:51 PM   #26
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Dulan claims:

Volunteers are required to sign a legal document if they want to donate their time. Doesn't matter if it was implied when they sign up RL - law REQUIRES their signature RL, kiddo. I'll repeat it again. REQUIRES their signature. Otherwise, be prepared to pay minimum wage.

I say - cite please. Refer me to the law that requires this. Because - I've spent countless hours volunteering for various non-profit organizations, and have worked as an employee for a few non-prof organizations with volunteer helpers. The only time it was -required- was when they needed signatures for insurance purposes. But that was the policy of the insurance company, not a law.

And no it wasn't just "helping my dad mow the lawn." I worked for the American Cancer Society as both an employee and an unpaid volunteer over the course of the past few decades, I worked for a synagogue that had several volunteer charity groups, and I've done volunteer work for the American Lung Association - in addition to a myriad of animal shelters in the area. I had to sign a release form with a bicycle run for the Lung Association, and another release form holding them harmless in case I got bit by dogs or cats for the animal shelters.

But no - it wasn't required by law. So - I'd like to see the law, please. Thanks.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote