Thread: OUCH!!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2003, 12:07 AM   #1
Loremaster

Loremaster is on a distinguished road
After hearing many negative comments about Achaea's "free, but not really, cuz it costs money to buy special items" policy and actually playing there till about level 60 before leaving for reasons other than the special items available for $$$ issue, I have to say they have NOTHING on Materia Magica!

I perused their website and seen the special items and prices, and have read with total astonishment the review where the player listed the items he had paid well over $500 for; items that will be USELESS after they expire!

ACK!!!!

I applaud MM's owners efforts to make money, but sheesh! Actually, my only dig is that I am of the opinion that the number and apparent strength of these items only creates a schism of rich vs poor; someone who can't afford all those niceties apparently cannot achieve greatness; not a great deal in a PK environment.

I never have liked the model where veteran A, with 2 years of regular play gets his butt kicked and his equipment taken from a character with a lot less time in the mud world, but a lot of excess cash in their wallet for the enhancements.

Evidently MM players think highly of it, I did not mean to start a bash... I was just shocked at the prices and the apparent willingness of players to pay them.

ACK!
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote