View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004, 05:08 PM   #84
dragon master

dragon master is on a distinguished road
This is why I say class-based are better for H&S muds and classless is better for RP muds. Realism is very important in an RP mud, if people could do anything they wanted there wouldn't be any fun at all. RP muds try to put you into another world.

See, this would be a problem in a hack and slash mud but in an RP mud, you don't have people group together to go kill stuff based upon what classes are needed in the group.

Obviously, neither of these would happen in an RP mud. Yet in a hack and slash mud, your point is valid.

This paragraph just makes no sense, you are saying that if you don't mindlessly go around killing things it's like a single player game? Well, I've seen plenty of single-player games where you mindlessly kill monsters but I have yet to see a good single player game where you can RP with other people.

Again, something that applies to soley hack and slash muds. Of course somebody who does a lot of fighting is going to be able to beat a tailor's brains out, but people still play tailors.
dragon master is offline   Reply With Quote