View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 08:08 AM   #14
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: When do you stop reading?

Actually I had "Kingdom of Loathing" in mind when I was writing that. It's not a mud, but it's not a graphics game either. And its "interactive multi-player"ness is...not normal, but it does exist. And it isn't a text-based game..but I still lump it in with muds, sort of.

In any case, it's the kind of game you -could- just jump in and play, without reading any of the documentation at first, and read as you go along. Mostly because nothing's going to kill you while you're checking on a doc file. Unless you break the hippie stone. But I'm not sure how that works since I've never broken mine. On the other hand you might miss all kinds of interesting stuff in the chat room while your attention is averted. But entering chat is optional.

Just one of those things that doesn't compare to any other type of game, really. But it's definitely a game, and it's definitely an online multi-player game. And it does have graphics (okay - stick figure drawings, but still), and it does have text (the chat room, and the zork puzzle). So that's what came to mind when I was posting, and it's definitely a game you can jump right into.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote