View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #15
Disillusionist

Disillusionist will become famous soon enough
Re: When do you stop reading?

This topic made me curious about something, so I thought I'd turn it on its head a little bit.

To admins who run games in which player input is required or optional, such as a background command:

1). What size limit is imposed by your background/history command?
(This limitation sort of answers for me how much reading they're willing to do of a player-generated nature.)

2). Is it player-modifiable at any time?
2a.) If so, what measures are taken to insure that updates are read? And how often is that done?

3.) At what point do you stop reading?

4.) Is it policy or custom to use player backgrounds for plot developments? Plot inspirations? How frequently, if ever, is this done?

5.) Would you consider it a useful tool to have a command, such as consider, viewable only by staff, wherein a player could reveal his thoughts or plans in real time? Would it shape events?
(To all but the player and the staff viewing it, it would simply be a bland "Soandso seems to be pondering something very deeply, or even an exact-message lift for 'ponder', 'think', etc, to prevent ooc knowledge that the player in question is perhaps foreshadowing something to staff...)

6.) What makes you stop reading character backgrounds, or give them much less weight or consideration?
Disillusionist is offline   Reply With Quote