View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 12:46 PM   #18
Avasyu

Name: Jeremy
Home MUD: http://www.ironrealms.com
Avasyu is on a distinguished road
Re: Lets Talk about Voting - Shall we?

Sites like TMS need traffic to make them worth running. Making it harder to vote reduces traffic. Adding a captcha (while a good idea in theory) would reduce traffic. This website is a business that revolves around getting as much traffic as possible. The more traffic that hits the site, the more money that can be made on ads and the more players all of us get to share. Would a lot of it be cross traffic? Sure. But I am fine giving up some IRE players to other games, because I know players from other games will be trying out ours. Cross pollination is a good thing.

Despite the fact that I will get textually slapped for this, I seriously suggest relaxing the rules for voting. In particular the rules about how we can remind players and reward players for voting. On our games alone, voting would increase significantly. Hundreds of new people visiting the TMS from our IRE games. Forum activity would go up, my precious IRE players would see all these other games a lot more often (as they would actually be seeing the site).
Avasyu is offline   Reply With Quote