View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 09:49 AM   #7
Alexander Tau

Alexander Tau is on a distinguished road
If a game is essentially a competition, then people with multiple characters can have a significant advantage. For games that are really about the Role Playing, and Grand Storylines, the advantage is very little.

I have always allowed people to play more than one character if they ask for permission first. When people choose to violate this rule it is only a matter of time before they get caught. As GameMasters we watch everything, and all it takes is one little slip for the truth to become known.

And I just have to say that site banning someone, without checking on the rest of your playerbase, is just sad.

Fishy,

About scripts, and other tech tools...

I have always thought that a Player has the right to 'play' anyway they want unless they (1) Somehow are ruining the fun for others or (2) Violate one of the few Game Laws. I personally am tired of things you have to do many, many, many times and do not put them in my games anyway.

I see the computer interface as a poor substitute for you really 'being there' in the Mud. The controls, even with a powerhouse Terminal like Zmud, are fairly weak and clunky. So anything you might do to make the game more fun for you, is probably ok.

A.T
(-)
Alexander Tau is offline   Reply With Quote