View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: find a mud,for economic gaming

Odinreln, the game I am about to suggest is not open yet, but we are entering stage III testing which we hope will be the final testing stage before release.

I will explain one of the game mechanics a bit so you can see how the trade classes are distinct from the combat classes in Primordiax:

Primordiax characters choose a class (combat, support, or trade) and then a profession (a specific job within that class). For example, a warrior is combat class, warrior profession. A weaponsmith is trade class, weaponsmith profession. Players receive 10 skill points and 5 hobby points per level. Skill points can be used to advance skills related to your class or profession. Hobby points can be used to advance any other skill not connected to your class or profession.

Take a level 20 weaponsmith for example. He can train profession skills all the way up to his level (a level 20 swordsmith can train swordcrafting to 20). He could also train the sword combat skill to 10 (half his level) using hobby points. In character, he would consider sword combat a hobby.

Trade class characters could live their entire lives in civilized portions of the game, or even a single city. Crafted items are the best in the game, so trade class characters are very important. Food and potions are also very important, so cooks and alchemists play a vital role as well.

Our wiki has more details. If you are interested in participating in our next phase of testing, just drop me a PM.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote