View Single Post
Old 11-04-2002, 11:44 PM   #44
Robbert

Robbert is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Robbert Send a message via AIM to Robbert
Two thoughts, simply to satisfy my need to speak my mind:

a: First, no matter what semantic twist you put on it - quarterly issues or four yearly issues, the result is the same: a product was purchased with the understanding that between August 2001 and August 2002 four issues would be received.

b: The angst towards Mud Companion comes, not from the failure of obligations to (a) above, but from the lacadaisical response to genuine questions about the status.

As I said previously (and, by the by Thoric, I think it's great to see you responding to this thread) - all it would have taken to placate me was something as simple as a "Hey, got your mail, and can't respond right now".

Despite the best efforts of the post office, electronic mail remains a free service.

And, while we're on that thought, here's an idea: dual-cast the magazine. That is, publish it in hard copy, but also include a digital version, viewable to paying members. This allows you leeway in distributing the printed copy at your leisure. Heck, you could even hold them in abeyance and do bulk mailing annually. This gives you the medium you wanted for subscribers to show "This is what I do" still, while at the same time allowing for content to be easily distributable to those who are paying.

I'd be willing to pay double the current price for something like that. Providing there was active response to concerns, such as is now occuring on this thread, when they were aired.
Robbert is offline   Reply With Quote