View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #6
SnowTroll

SnowTroll will become famous soon enough
Re: Unwritten Legends: Searching for Player Testers.

If the mud is actively recruiting players, unrestricted in quantity or type, for the purpose of playing the game for solely recreational purposes and not testing any specific features or finding bugs, the game is out of the testing phase. Sure, players will always come across bugs or do things that cause various features to need to be added, removed, or modified, and I hope to God that there will always be new content in the works and being added, in any mud. No mud is ever "done." But there comes a point where a mud that declares itself to be "in testing" perpetually looks like it's trying to hide behind this to delude players in case they find something buggy or something they don't like. Even if that's not the case, it looks that way when a mud that is clearly fully operational and is just plain being played, not tested, is perpetually declared to be in testing.

I never got around to playing this mud because I was turned off at the prospect of having to fill out an application to play. Don't get me wrong. I'm in my 30s, employed, a great RPer, and an experienced mudder with a valid e-mail address. I have nothing to hide and no problem with the staff of this mud or any mud knowing who's accessing their system. But I am seriously, seriously turned off at the idea that I would to have to fill out paperwork and wait for permission to access a recreational game on the internet -- not for the usual reasons, like the mud being a hardcore RP mud and requiring a good character concept that fits with their theme and background -- but becuase the mud is "in testing." What the hell?
SnowTroll is offline   Reply With Quote