View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
camlorn

camlorn is on a distinguished road
Re: best mud i have ever played

Right, so, um...

Firstly, the whole typo thing, i.e. im instead of I'm, really doesn't help your case. You didn't even take the time to proof your promotion, which really sends up a lot of red flags right there.

Second, I have in fact played legendmud. While it is in fact unique, you obviously haven't tried enough muds; each mud is going to have unique features, and if I recall correctly, it doesn't even have much of a crafting system and the combat is almost stock. It's been some time so I could be wrong and it most certainly has unique features (the magic kind of is), but assuming that it is the only thing to have most of the things you listed won't help you, either. If I really felt like starting a full-out flamewar, I could dissect your post line-by-line stating where every feature can be found besides legendmud, but that's just a waste of time.

Using censored swear words in your post makes you look like a 12 or 15-year-old, no offense if you are, who just discovered muds--most of the posts on here that I've seen that fall in the flamewar category don't even do that.

That said, half the promotions don't bother to say why poster x likes game y--they often just ask you to check it out yourself--so that is nice.

I don't wish to seem like a troll--perhaps I am in this instance--but if you're going to promote a game, please, please take the time to do it right.
camlorn is offline   Reply With Quote