View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 11:52 PM   #6
camlorn

camlorn is on a distinguished road
Re: best mud i have ever played

Yes, I mean farming and the like, and it honestly doesn't have to be as boring as it would sound. In fact, even in the wider world of graphical games, most rpgs nowadays have it in some form or another. There's one I know of where the players haven't managed to figure it out yet--it's completely whimsical, kind of, but is definitely consistent. You're using goblins and such instead of farming tools, and can take the stuff from it and make, say, a potion that lets you breathe fire. That's 3 kingdoms by the way, also featuring mages that can summon armies (if you're going to play one, go on 3 scapes, a mud run by the same people, kind of--it's complicated, but they share some common chat channels), cyborgs, and a bunch of other stuff. Generalizing, you'd probably like most of the lpmuds. Beware, however, as some of the lpmuds don't save eq--it actually can add to the gameplay experience, believe it or not, if done right.

For the whole magic thing, see godwars muds--there's a tone of them, I believe a moment of hatred is still active. They have the whole rune thing, and even have a programming-like spell creation system for "truemages", and the guy who originally coded it went on to write godwars2, which is something I can't describe in a post--combat is manual, for starters, and the world did away with rooms.

For another lpmud, there's batmud, with regularly 200+ players on, including merchants, transforming evil cleric-monster things, alchemists (you won't be able to play one from the start, need a few hundred million exp first, or some ridiculous amount), ships, and a bunch of stuff I'm not remembering as it's been a while.

And finally, you've now made the recommendation meaningless...you should not ask for mud recommendations on the same thread you recommend one. You've now basically said: I like this mud, but if you have ones you think I'd like better, tell me. In short, you're looking to leave the mud you just said you liked a bunch, which undermines the original post and most reccomendations you might make in future.

PS: you really, really need to proofread. You're forgetting apostrophes everywhere and misspelling a lot. I know there's extenuating circumstances, possibly (I'm thinking you're posting from an iPhone or similar), but if you have a browser that supports it, you can get the browser to spell-check for you (Firefox does--I'm using it at the moment).
camlorn is offline   Reply With Quote