View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
AlfonzFred

AlfonzFred is on a distinguished road
Re: Experienced Staff Member Looking for Work

I certainly don't mind getting to know the world I join intimately. In fact, I would
consider doing nothing less. How can you create something really special for a MUD
unless you know the background?

I don't really have the free time to join as a player to any MUD however. Well I suppose
I do, but it what I'm looking for is to spend that free time coding. I don't have the time to
do both.

While I appreciate the system of learning that many MUD's (including my favorite Ancient Anguish),
use to be sure of who they are promoting, I'm hoping that my experience will persuade someone to
give me a chance to learn in my way.

As a reference to what I mean.. I would spend nearly all of my time reading mudlib, speaking to players,
and exploring. Talking to other immortals, and asking questions. It's surprising how fast you can absorb
knowledge if you're after it.

During this time of learning I would also like to be an immortal however. As every mud seems to have
its own take on a codebase, I could be absorbing from all directions.

I just feel this method suites me better than some prolonged apprenticeship lasting months, and the end
result would be the same. One can also make the argument that I could also be demoted at any time
should my services not be all they were advertised to be. In which case I would agree and support
that decision.

Your MUD seems to have the staff and player base I'm looking for, if you decide in the future to allow
candidates like myself, please advise!
AlfonzFred is offline   Reply With Quote