View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 06:45 PM   #38
Aeternitas

Aeternitas is on a distinguished road
Nothing I have seen indicates that there WILL be action taken against players that do not vote. I've watched the conversation on the Immortal channel. The information given in help states this:

Once you vote do a VOTE IVOTED and your prompt will clear until tomorrow. Do not run a script to clear the prompt as the game detects this and marks your history. That is fine but if you ever want our help, or our support in your problems, or to become an avatar or god, you do not want this kind of history.

If you can read plain English, and have the capacity to not make rash assumptions, this states that IF YOU RUN A SCRIPT TO CLEAR THE PROMPT, AND SAY YOU HAVE VOTED, WITHOUT ACTUALLY VOTING, IT WILL BE FROWNED UPON. This is akin to LYING, as I have said. Those of you with children, do you not take action against your kids if they lie to you? If they lie to you, do you give them what they want next time they ask for something of you? NO! I'm not even a parent, and that makes perfect sense to me.

As far as the rules of the site, whether a system is opt-in only, mandatory, or non-existent, should not matter. The game, in any way shape or form, AND THIS APPLIES TO ANY GAME, NOT JUST AARDWOLF OR MED, the game is canvassing its own playerbase for votes. If someone feels a game is worth voting for, they should be able to do it of their own accord, they should not need the game to remind them at any point. But if it is to be allowed in one shape or form, all other shapes or forms are essentially the same--the game is canvassing its own playerbase.
Aeternitas is offline   Reply With Quote