View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 03:46 PM   #575
Xerihae

Name: Chris
Xerihae will become famous soon enough
Re: The Non-Cold Non-Hard Non-Facts

I would expect a MUD that sold merchandise to pick the "no results in-game option". Your claim that it has no results is a bogus claim is... a bogus claim. In certain circumstances yes, unscrupulous admins may favour people who have given them money just like they might favour their friends over random people who've come to the game. Claiming that such is the case in every circumstance is just a convenient blanket statement.

I know for a fact that if I were running a MUD and caught someone cheating, the result would be the same whether they've just joined or have spent £1000 on merchandise. If they tried to say I should cut them some slack because they paid money, I'd laugh. In a non-commercial game holding on to players who continually give money to the game is a lot less of an issue, especially if the admin can already afford the server costs.

It's important for a commercial game to keep its paying customers happy, so I can see why you personally would have that viewpoint. However, don't assume it applies to everyone else just because you feel that way, because no matter what you say I know it would have no bearing on my reactions in said situation. Claiming otherwise, as if I don't know my own mind and morals, I would take as an insult.
Xerihae is offline   Reply With Quote