View Single Post
Old 08-15-2002, 10:53 AM   #2
Xanferious

Xanferious is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Xanferious
thats a very good idea, i just ran an idea to my programmers about Dynamic AI. now the feature i wanted to have them implement into the game is this.

NPC's are immune to hunger and sleep or so it seems, what if the npc's had to eat and drink and yes sleep.

now lets just use this weaponsmith as an example.

He starts off in his shop. ok now he started in the game with some money to buy his supplies he needs to make his iteams for sale. now he takes the time to explore his surronding area.
later on he finds that from his shop if he goes 4 east 2 north hes at the town well. he can now fill up his barrels for water, and he knows 4 east 2 south and 1 west is the downs bakery. so he will buy food to feed himself. he would close his shop when its time to sleep. wake up and eat and goto work.

now this would realy change the game, what if evil NPC's started to burn crops of wheat? would the bakery get the wheat it needs to make some of its food? would the weaponsmith afford the price changes? or would he die of starvation? this could realy affect the game.

another thing is about the AI learning would be great. this one is my programmers idea. this will be a cat for example.

someone buys a cat for a pet. later on the cat runs away or they left the cat someone and didnt come back for it.. now the cat needs to search for food and something to drink.
the cat finds a fish market somewere and learns to steal or run faster to survive. then it gets into fights with dogs and learns to claw bite jump hide sneak..... now it would be a smart cat or capble of learning if had to fend on its own. and it would keep all those skills until it dies.
Xanferious is offline   Reply With Quote