View Single Post
Old 09-24-2002, 01:03 AM   #150
crymerci

crymerci is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to crymerci Send a message via Yahoo to crymerci
[You're correct, of course. Other than one initial in-game announcement in DR, there's been no notification to players that the voting button is there on the website (and that one announcement crashed this site with people rushing to vote all at once). No notification was made in GS3, period. The only mention of TMS (other than the vote button itself) has been in player threads on the forums for those games (and the forum regulars account for maybe 10% of the total game population). I think the lack of publicity can be attributed to Simutronics being polite and not wanting to overload the system. Since players don't need to go to the website to play the game, voting promotion is mostly word-of-mouth.

I'm not trying to make excuses for why DR and GS3 are #'s 2 and 3 while your product is #1. I think it's great that you've managed to foster a sense of pride and togetherness by encouraging your players to vote. I'm just saying that you can attribute the difference in population percentages voting to the fact that you DO actively promote voting while Simutronics has not. Any hype on our side is due to the 'newness' and player enthusiasm.

BTW, am I committing a faux pas in posting on this forum even though I am not an admin or builder, but rather an enthusiastic player?

Alicia,
DragonRealms player