View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #1
ebonySCYTHE

ebonySCYTHE is on a distinguished road
Post Suggestions for a RP MUD/MUSH/etc.?

I made a post on Mudconnect's Forum as well, but I wanted to check and see what people had for suggestions here as well.

I've been out of practice for a long time now, working on college and, well... work. I actually have a summer off this year and I'd love to find a place where I can dive in and have some fun again. A text game I used to play rather adamantly was DragonRealms. The game had plenty of ways to customize my characters, the combat was immersive and the skills my character could developed were vast(and not only combat based!). However, this game is pay to play... and I'm a college student.

I'm really picky, because of DragonRealms most likely. I've tried a lot of free MUDs and lost interest relatively fast for numerous reasons. To get the the point, here's what I'm looking for, roughly in order of what matters to me most:

-A game where I can describe my character in depth (short desc, long desc, history, etc).

-Plenty of unique objects, clothes, tattoos, jewelery to build my character with. I hate going into a mud where everyone has the same 'glowing cloak' or whatever. A crafting system would be AWESOME, where you could get to a level of experience allowing you to make some customized objects or a GM event where they'll make something customized for your character. I liked Aetolia's choices in objects for example.

-A game with an excellent community, obviously. I can stand a few pricks, that's for sure. But I won't stick around with a bunch of people that won't stay in character.

-A games where I can pop on and off without being penalized. For example, on Aetolia the clothes disappear after a period of time even while logged off. I'd log on after a tough semester only to be naked and poor again. If it were set up to disappear after a certain time while logged on, I wouldn't feel so alienated.

-Thus far I haven't been to a MUD where I have actually ENJOYED the combat. It's always 'kill mob/player' and you throw skills at each other. A text game I really loved the combat in was the p2p DragonRealms. It was tedious, but I've never enjoyed player vs player except for in that game. It drew me in. If I'm going to enjoy making a combat based character, like I did in DR, I'd like for the game to have such a fluid combat system.

-Leveless/classless. I feel awfully restricted when I can't make a hybrid of my character. As far as levels go, it's too often that other people are just absorbed with gaining levels when there are levels around. If there is a game with levels that doesn't encourage mindless leveling up, I'd have no issue with it. DragonRealms had levels, however the guild determined whether or not you could level up depending on you experience in certain skills (such as your primary weapon, evasion, survival skills, etc.).

-A game where eating and drinking isn't inhibiting. I'd rather role-play eating and drinking honestly.

I guess I can't think of anything else for now. Really, I'm open to genre so long as I can make my character unique. I'm desperate for help in finding that perfect RP Mu*; I miss all the fun I had years ago. If anyone is willing to point me to some options, I'd be so grateful! Especially since you spent all that time reading through this painfully long post!

Thanks and if I don't get back to you right away it's because I'm at work or in school... I will get back to you though!

Kris
ebonySCYTHE is offline   Reply With Quote