View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 09:03 PM   #5
Leech

Name: John
Home MUD: The Inquisition: Legacy
Leech is on a distinguished road
Re: Suggestions for a RP MUD/MUSH/etc.?

For all RP, really, I'd suggest you try Armageddon first. I never got in to it, but honestly, I can suggest it because it gave me a sort of... 'booster shot'. Saying that, I mean it got me into some heavy RP, and I got my sea legs back.

However, the MUD I will suggest to you is Dark Isles. You can describe your character quite well there, with a short description, a longer addition to that short description (a blue-eyed man with brown, shaggy hair), and then you can make an epic description that will appear for all to see and get an idea about how your character might look. Unless of course they are concealing their face. :P

Crafting is certainly in Dark Isles, and a restring command allows you, once well trained in your profession, to recreate the descriptions of any item you might create.

The community is phenomenal, and if they aren't, you can completely silence them with optional commands, and if they STILL aren't, then the staff would probably chop off some appendages... virtually, of course... heh... hee...

Absolutely no penalties for logging off for extended periods, or any periods really. I've experienced that on Aetolia, and it was quite frustrating (hard for an outlaw rogue Syssin to get clothes!).

The game is levelless, and classless. I believe the only spot that Dark Isles can't satisfy you at is combat, for NPC vs Player combat is automated on the MUD, while PC vs PC is taken in turns and RPed out. It's really interesting, and I enjoy it because it gives me the chance to imagine this badass scene in my mind, instead of just seeing "You hit blank. You may do so again. DO IT NOW!!". Instead, my opponent gets to try to chop off my leg, or as a Wolfkin, gnaw it off, while I'm frantically screaming and trying to stab them in the blasted eye.

So, if that sounds like your cup of tea, the homepage of the MUD can be found at and that's where you'll be able to find the connection info, plus theme and general information.
Leech is offline   Reply With Quote