View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 06:49 PM   #17
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Suggestions for a RP MUD/MUSH/etc.?

If the system is good, 12 hours is pleanty of time to decide whether you like a game or not. System functionality, style of movement, requirements for eating, potions, channels, spam, roleplay, borgability, powers (both initial and potential), learning curve, are all things easily notable in the first couple hours of play.

I can tell if a game is my style by the time I finish creation and spend an hour or so in the environment. I'm not talking about a full review of features or depth of experience, I'm only talking about pure functionality, style, and basic features. If you don't like those, you should jet out within that first few hour period. If you are intriqued, then go for the couple of day experience (I mean couple of days in terms of game time, not real days. 48 hours could comprise 2 or 3 weeks playing depending on your availability).

Delerak has some good points for some games. It may take more time to determine whether a game is viable and I would leave it up to the player to decide the amount of time and the game in question. For some players it may boil down to whether you like a prompt or not and what is on the prompt.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote