View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: Primordiax - Graphical/Text Hybrid MUD & MMO

Having been playing this now since it went live (a few months) I can safely say this is a fabulous entry into the MUD market, and one of the few muds I have played in the last 3 years that has managed to retain my interest. As a casual player it appeals for several reasons

1) A great (tunable for those who want immersaion) OOC channel that uses your account name instead of your character name so you can retain a complete distance from OOC chatter and your character.

2) Incredibly Casual friendly, with a very relaxed and receptive-to-ideas-and-feedback development team and a great player base that after only a few hours, will make you feel you have known them for years

3) A superb clothing machine that allows you to create ANY item of clothing, which can be on, over, viewable if covered, coloured etc.. literally if you want to create a hidden suspender belt that cannot be seen under your pants (male MUD players can be strange folk XD ), or a surcoat that sits over your armour and partially hides whatever is on your chest and upper legs.. you can do it. Allows you to have a character looking just how you want

4) A great crafting system (first I have really enjoyed), and some the most fabuously designed weapons I have seen described in a text based game. Currently you can be a weapons crafter, armoursmith or Chef!

5) A fantastic skills system (a bugger to get your head round initially, but fantastic when you get it) that again allows you to create that character you always wanted.

6) A great feeling of 'making things happen' as players are pretty much expected to help raise the technological level of the world during RP events. When you play and use the market's in the cities, remeber to thank those players who built them

7) A great flash client that allows anyone to get started with MUD's, with lots of nifty ideas such as group health / magic power boxes for those party combat sessions. However CMUD, ZMUD, iPhone clients all work nicely!

8) Superbly written areas and descriptions, laid out so beautifully its like reading an ebook, with just enough colour to enhance as opposed to frantically looking for the ANSI COLOUR OFF switch!

9) Completely persistant gear between logins and reboots.

Already there are some great Role Players in the game, and with three unique and imaginitive cities, lots of places to explore. And with players from all time zones, if you need any in game info, dont be afraid to ask on the chat channel, no subject is taboo.

Login now and see the new world of Primordiax, a game for MUD'ders and also MMO fans who want to try something new, but dont forget to clean off the void taint from anything you gather. My Chemerite chracters dont take kindly to tainted resources!

See you in game!
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote