View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #6
Justin534

Justin534 is on a distinguished road
Re: YART (Yet Another RPI Thread)

I may be confusing the two I was under the impression that there was 1. Roleplay Encouraged MUDs and 2. RPI

Hence, the reason I was saying RPI MUDs should have the very basic description of being roleplay enforced and ammended with various attributes as I talked about below. But, perhaps my MUDding vocabulary isn't that great yet.

But I do think this thread does have a very useful purpose - to identify different attributes that RP MUDs (Ok a little confused on which acronym to use now) may possess.

But, thats the whole point of this thread is to enhance clarity by identifying various attributes that seem to be associated with with RP MUDs... this could be of great use for categorizing, creating a directory, and helping people find MUDs with specific RP related features.

Yes, but people like to play a specific breed of FPS and MUDs. So to say at the end of the day it is just a term that doesn't need to be elaborated on is like saying the term MUD doesn't have to be elaborated on, or categorized into its different types.

I had no idea there was any agreed upon criteria of what makes an RPI MUD, you might have to forgive my ignorance on this one.

I couldn't agree with you more, but my point wasn't to discuss what makes a MUD more "intensive" in terms of roleplay, but rather to discuss the idea of having different "RP MUD/RPI (Ok now I really dont know which acronym I should use ) related attributes" and leave it up to the individual to decide whether or not it adds to roleplay and is something they want.
Justin534 is offline   Reply With Quote