View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 11:55 PM   #11
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Re: YART (Yet Another RPI Thread)

We've debated if we'll add forums and what forums we'll add if we do and for the most part came to the conclusion that there's little reason to do so. The site's purpose is to provide objective, independent third-party gathered information about RP-enforced MUDs as well as provide a professional, ie. scholarly-style, journal offering articles on RP and RP MUDs as well as third-party reviews of such MUDs. I don't recall the vote off-hand but it was very much in favor of offering at best forums only for the purpose of advertising staff openings; anything else was outside the established purpose of The RPMUD Network. We had toyed with the idea of a social lounge but that was nixed 4-1-1 by a vote of the committee last year (I remember the vote count on that one because I was the no vote and the guy who'd done all the work on coding the lounge was the abstention, hence the abstention since anything else would constitute a conflict of interest on his part). As a result, the Community section will likely not appear on the final version of the site.
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote