View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 05:15 PM   #38
Alyosha

Alyosha is on a distinguished road
I am the guildmaster of the guild Kimberly was exiled from. Let me say first that though I was not the person who actually removed her, had I been around, I would have done so as well, no question.

1. We made /every/ attempt to treat Kimberly like an adult, and every chance for her to act like one. She refused. This was not her first, nor second, nor third major problem with her in the guild. I have had several lengthy conversations with her, during the last of which (before the event we are talking about), she admitted fault and said she would try to do better representing the guild and city. Which was quite obviously a lie, as she got herself into essentially the same sort of trouble.

2. The central philosophical tenants of my guild revolve around respect, tolerance, loyalty, and taking responsibility for your actions. This information is publically available in any text about us, and given how long we put up with her antics before she wore our her chances (and the novice test which she passed) there is no chance she didn't know that. Yet she repeatedly violated everything we stand for. She chose the guild, and then decided she didn't want to do anything except what she wanted.

The person who did remove her wasn't some power hungry person flaunting their position and screaming "You must respect my authoritah!" She's an ex-guildmistress who left on her own terms, who is entirely dedicated to the good of the guild. Kimberly was on her last chance, and she knew it. The request for an essay was a final offer of reconcilliation extended to her, and the response was a slap in the face.

If it had been me, the exact same thing would have happened. Its entirely in-character, and the appropriate response from any responsible guild leader.
Alyosha is offline   Reply With Quote