View Single Post
Old 09-10-2002, 11:37 AM   #17
Boggis

Boggis is on a distinguished road
I left my old "RP Enforced" mud as I got tired of the lack of RP. Sure people didn't talk about OOC stuff while playing but it still all felt very shallow and not the kind of RP I was looking for. Powergaming wrapped up in the euphemism "hunting", Levelling being indicated by "Ooh, I learned a new skill" or "Ooh, I'm not going hunting there as the trainers said they'd teach me a new skill soon". Throw in an over-sized ego for the head Imm as well as number of other things that irked me and after two years I'd realised I'd had enough.

No big scene... just didn't log in one day and moved on to a better place. Was kind of hard to junk two years but it was probably the best mudding decision I've made. There's a huge amount of muds out there and chances are you'll find something to be happy on. If you're sticking around to play a game that you're not happy on then I think you need to ask yourself: "Why am I annoying myself when I should be enjoying myself?" Sounds simple I know but it took me nearly six months to eventually figure out how simple it really is.

Happy mudding!
Boggis is offline   Reply With Quote