View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 02:34 AM   #8
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Reviews represent the reviewer's opinion.  If you disagree with their opinion of a game, write a review yourself giving your own opinion. However, rebuttal to every negative post is nothing but spam.  If we've seen your first rebuttal, we know your position and we don't need to read it again.  And as far as the negative reviews go, most readers will be able to sort through them and sift the facts from the opinion.  I'd wager most people are intelligent enough to at least consider that a review is opinion and not fact (if they try your MUD and find the reviewer's claims to be correct, maybe it is fact, but that's your problem, not theirs).  If you get several negative reviews, try taking the time to read what they said and try to address their issues in the way your MUD is designed/run instead of wasting your time writing a rebuttal.

Take care,

Jason

P.S.--After reading the review and your rebuttal and looking over my own notes on your MUD, which I've tried twice, I found myself in agreement with the reviewer on AR and RP.  It doesn't sound like a good role-playing environment, unless you're roleplaying a video game character from Doom (good ol' Doom, my first and still favorite first-person shooter).
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote