View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #2
camlorn

camlorn is on a distinguished road
Re: Opinions: Clients?

Well, I believe in external clients because I am blind. If I had to choose--mushclient, because it quite literally can do anything. You would not want, for example, to code a lua http server in it, but you *could*, so major plus in my book for that. Want to gather statistics on the game you're playing? sure, no problem. Keep an sqlite database of it? np. Etc, etc.

A quick note for you. Flash is 95% inaccessible to the blind. Java, likewise, at least when run in the browser. You might want to look at html5--if blind accessibility of an internet client is on the table, that's needed, and at least for me, html 5 stuff seems to load faster. Most screen readers have some support for ARIA, and that is continuing to improve, so...heh. Atm, ARIA is the only way to get screen readers to automagically read new messages on a web page--it's intended to make javax and rich applications accessible (unless I'm mangling the terms. I don't know much about website design.).

You can ignore me if you don't care. I just throw this in wherever it should be thrown in, because I sort of took it upon myself to advocate for this in these communities. If your game has regular client access, you're good anyway, so it doesn't much matter.
camlorn is offline   Reply With Quote