View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 10:46 AM   #26
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: MUD Players' Bill of Rights

The only "rights" I can fathom of a mud player, is whatever "right" a particular game owner chooses to give that player. These games aren't owned collectively by the playerbase, it isn't a democracy, and in fact some of these games are owned by people who don't even live in a democratic country.

The only thing I feel a mud player "should" be entitled to, is whatever treatment the staff claims they will provide. In other words, if the staff says "we will treat our players like crap" then the mud player should be entitled to expect to be treated like crap. If the staff says, "we will not play favorites among our personal friends who play, and all players will be treated on the merits of their own gaming skills" then the players are entitled to that treatment by staff.

Game owners aren't obligated to do ANYTHING for the players. They aren't even obligated to make their game available. Nor should they be. When people who have no financial interest in my property, starts telling me what they expect me to do with my property, I start feeling like I should stop allowing those people permission to come onto my property. We are visitors to these games. We are there because the owners have given us permission to visit. We do not have the "right" to tell these owners what they can, cannot, should, or should not do within the confines of their own personal property. The only thing we as players should feel comfortable expecting, is whatever the owners have claimed they will do. Nothing more, and nothing less.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote