View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 11:52 AM   #9
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

You don't like it so it's automatically childish. Got it.

I actually prefer to play enforced roleplay games. FORCED roleplay is another story.

It's not.

More mature than you. Also, he took the time to actually see what the forum was.

It's dark acacia.

Roleplaying is fine. Your system is broken. It shouldn't be a test to see if someone really wants to play the game--they're already online, what do you think they want to do?

It's still pointless, forced roleplay that doesn't accomplish anything.

No, he wanted an RP game. READ HIS ENTIRE POST. A hack-and-slash game would be RetroMUD or BatMUD or Achaea or Threshhold. RP isn't important in those places.

He even posted a log of Ateraan's magnificent RP culture in his thread, and boy is it a howler.

It's been years since I played in Ateraan, but I remember being turned off by some "event" where this one chick gathered everyone to this place where she basically copy/pasted some essay she wrote to everyone in attendance. You know how when you go to a classical music concert, everyone coughs between movements, not necessarily because they had to cough but to let you know that they know the appropriate time to cough? Well, people were using stock emotes after each paragraph, and it reminded me of that (note that I haven't been to Salzburg, but I used to listen to NPR's live transmissions from the Mozart Festival and you can hear the coughing--it's not nearly as obnoxious at the US Coast Guard Academy's public concerts). 15-20 or so people sighing, shifting, nodding, or whatever. I got bored and did something in another window, I don't remember what.
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote