View Single Post
Old 06-26-2003, 09:51 AM   #11
Grendal

Grendal is on a distinguished road
If you find that the number of rooms that a mud has is irrelevant, then so be it. My point in saying that AL has 20 million + rooms is simply a description of the size of the world.

It's BIG !!!

The world itself wraps around (just like the real world). If you travel east from point X, eventually you will come around to see point X again.

The eventually part takes about 3 months of real life traveling time. You will encounter all kinds of land & water forms, variuos animal & plant life, unseen areas of the world that perhaps, only YOU have seen. If you become lost, then you are lost and it may take you another 3-4 real life months to find your way back to civilization.

So, I begin to travel east from the plains. I see a small area of swamps ahead. I don't like swamps, so I begin to travel north east some. After a short time, I come to some hills, then the hills turn into moutains. I glance around and I see a bear hungry for it's next meal. I keep going.

Beyond the mountains I find a lightly wooded forest and a small lake to get a bit to drink along my journey. I forage through the weeds under brush, along the fallen logs and I find variuos herbs, some to eat, others that will heal, others that will poison if I don't know what I'm eating.

I travel farther northeast into heavy woods. I spot a deer. I get out my bow and load an arrow. I take careful aim and fire. My shot is good, but I've only angered the deer. It charges me. I instinctivly draw out my weapons. One of my clubs has a crack in it from a previous battle and it breaks after hitting the deer once. The deer charges and bashes my head. Another shot like that and I'll be dead. I make some alterations to my fighting style. (Increase attack some - Increase parry some). The fight ends a few moments later and I am still alive.

I get out my trusty knife and begin to skin the deer. After skinning, I butcher the meet. The skin can be used for a quick sale at a shop or be tanned into leather, which has many uses in various items of leather crafting. The meet can be eaten raw or sold at another shop. Eventually the horns, bones, perhaps even the blood will be able to be used for various crafting and or alchemical purposes.

This journey has only taken you 30 minutes or less into the world of the Accursed Lands. If you want to travel around the world, you still have another 3 (real life) months of traveling ahead of you. I hope you can swim !!!!!

It's a BIG world out there.
Grendal is offline   Reply With Quote