View Single Post
Old 11-16-2002, 11:31 AM   #5
Tavish

Tavish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tavish
I personally think even in muds that have banks, lockers, and equipment constinently reset so requiping is not all that difficult, having full looting is a deterant to pk or at least to "full-power" pk.  What I mean by full-power is that when players know that either they are about to pk someone or be attacked by someone they will tend to store away those items which they consider irreplacable.  Quest items, restrings, anything the player figures they cannot turn around  and grab again quickly in the event they do end up on the losing end of a pk battle will get squirreled away.  Only things absolutely essential to the battle will be kept.  I consider it a way for the players to implement their own form of limited looting policy.  The major pkers have to not only wait for the right time and place for a kill, but also for the opponent to be unsuspecting in order to get the full spoils.

As far as actual code limitations the only one I have currently in place is a ritual to bind a weapon or staff to the player, where they forfeit what amounts to 2 levels worth of hit points in order to have the piece stay with them upon death.  They can have as many pieces as they want bound, but due to the cost its usually only done once with a quest weapon.
Tavish is offline   Reply With Quote