View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 04:47 PM   #5
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Heh - I was the one who frustrated Fifi (poor girl, but she was a very good sport about it), unless I had a twin somewhere she worked with and I don't know about that!

I LOVE rewriting. Love it. I love it more than writing from scratch. I get some kind of morbid, macabre kick out of fixing the mistakes of others. I would rather fix them, than tell the writer how to fix it themselves. It takes less time too, because there's no discussion required.

Because of my personal preference (which I admit is very strange), I prefer very specific guidelines and even a map of the area already done in Excel or similar. Give me a map, show me where the mountain cliffs rise from the forest's edge. Tell me where on that map you want to see a lake, and tell me the shape of the lake, and what swimmers or boaters or fishermen will find in it. Tell me what kinds of animals live in the area - at the very least, direct me to a site of animal listings and let me pick from that list your very specific number of types you want.

Basically, what I like, is for the director (head builder) to tell me the story and show me the map, and I will turn the story and map into rooms. But really, I much prefer rewriting someone else's stuff. It's just one of my little quirks - with apologies to Fifi for making her life miserable for a few months <hug>
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote