View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #55
locke
Banned

Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Revolutionary New OLC and Scripting

I'm not talking WoC and I'm just asserting that we have information here that isn't taken into consideration on the Wikipedia page. Who cares.

Well, then you're missing the point and I can't help you further. Rest assured, NIM has a better scripting debugger, more powerful scripts, and is very easy to add new functions to. Good luck getting it to work in anything other than a NiMUD, though. It would take some effort to get it working in Merc, and the feature set may decrease due to the difference. You may also need to write special functions for your MUD so it handles all of your functionality. There is probably some easily transportable core feature set, however. Read the install guide for Merc that is hosted on MudBytes (or other places, and is included with NiM5 source).

The fact that you can deploy every aspect of the MUD uniquely using NIMScripts is very advanced for Diku.

This could all be done differently with NIMScripts and it would look different, but be functionally similar. So, this doesn't really prove anything and just advertises some unavailable scripting language based on DG.

Interesting. I'd love to look at Lexi's source if it becomes available to see if any of my functions have ended up there.

NIMScripts:

NIMScripts:

Already done with above, the word() function does this.

There is no need to write a foreach() because it is handled this way, which is why it is not implemented:

The fact that it can deploy any aspect of the MUD makes it significantly more powerful. It also implements an MSP and MXP layer, with some Pueblo.

Last edited by locke : 03-19-2009 at 02:35 PM.
locke is offline   Reply With Quote