View Single Post
Old 05-21-2002, 04:17 PM   #11
Terloch

Terloch is on a distinguished road
I'm the admin/owner of Feudal Realms, and while I like to think that I know what's going on all the time 100% on my mud, I do not.  The mob in question isn't a new one (which isn't an excuse) and has been in play for about 6 years now, it's in our main hometown.  It was not built to poke fun at anyone, nor was the intent to belay a racial slur or stereotype against anyone.  No one had ever complained directly to me about this mob, and until readin this thread on here today, I had no clue that anyone had taken offense to the mob in question. We do have this lovely thing called a note system, which I do read, and an entire staff of Ancients who relay messages to me, and if someone has a problem, or finds something offensive, talking to me directly is usually the quickest method of getting something remedied, not posting to TMS (but I can assure you that I will defend myself, my mud, and my staff on these forums.

Please do not assume that by the mere presence that Feudal Realms supports bigotry in any sense, or racial jokes/stereotypes.  I will happily revise the mob so that no one is possibly offended by it.

On this same track, I guess I should go revise anything that is a woman chained down, any sort of slave (such as a goblin) or anyone treated inhumanely (or inelfly, inogrishly, or introlly) because I would hate to offend anyone else with something that is in a fantasy world.  (yes I'm being sarcastic).

As a side, the builder in question who did that mob is no longer part of Feudal Realms (yes I know who did it, even if 6 years ago).
Terloch is offline   Reply With Quote