Thread: Sex & Violence
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 07:26 AM   #54
mithras

mithras is on a distinguished road
Re: Sex & Violence

Well back on topic... Shadowfyr and others have actually made a number of good points for letting children 'see' naked people and the like in muds. But what would happen if any MU*(s) went out on a limb and did this, I mean scaled down violence and scale up nudity without changing an age limit. Think about it depending on the size and popularity of that MU* the news would be out in weeks or a month at most, then what? Would he very same minority that Shadowfyr argues so passionately against not rise up and denounce that MU*- Maybe all of Mudding society as a bunch of pedophiles? And damn it if the world listened to them before it'll probably listen to them again- What would happen to Mudding then.
Its all very well discussing it and I'm completely convinced that showing a 10 year old ANY couple having sex is far better than showing the same child ANY 10 people being massacred, but what can we do? Even if the whole mudding community stood up a said that if violence is acceptable to show to children then so is sex would just mean serious damage to the whole mudding community.
So would acting on this discussion actually change things for the better?
I think no, you've got to pick your battles and this one looks far to daunting at the moment.
mithras is offline   Reply With Quote