View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 08:57 PM   #7
BrettH

BrettH is on a distinguished road
I generally agree; I see many people just using any excuse to advertise their mud and not listening to the original post at all. I rarely suggest that people come to UL unless their criteria matches closely.

This was a different case for me, and I think probably for the previous poster who also suggested UL. The fact is that I don't think the original poster will be able to find the game that he's looking for, even though many of us have spent a lot of time looking for just such a game.

However, I can speak for myself at least and say that I sympathize greatly with the sentiments, and in my search for a similar game, I ended up making some concessions in order to find a place to play.

My post was in response to what I felt to be a kindred spirit, or at least, a similar quest to one that I have taken personally. My advice and commentary was therefore heartfelt, rather than a thin excuse to advertise for a mud.

If the original poster finds a game that matches his criteria, I would be very interested to hear about it, but I fear he will not unless he makes the game himself. When your options are either not to play at all, or to find something that does not exactly fit your requirements but still satisfies some of the point behind the requirements, I'd go with the latter.

My post was made in an attempt to provide what small assistance I felt could be offered. If I misjudged the poster's intentions and needs, I apologize for having wasted his time.

----Brett
BrettH is offline   Reply With Quote